Five-Spice Turkey and Lettuce Wraps from Eating Well
Community Recipe from
- 1/2 cup(s) water
- 1/2 cup(s) instant brown rice
- 2 teaspoon(s) sesame oil
- 1 pound(s) 93%-lean ground turkey
- 1 tablespoon(s) minced fresh ginger
- 1 large red bell pepper finely diced
- 1 (8 oz) can(s) water chestnuts rinsed & chopped
- 1/2 cup(s) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoon(s) hoisin sauce
- 1 teaspoon(s) five-spice powder
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
- 2 head(s) Boston lettuce leaves separated
- 1/2 cup(s) chopped fresh herbs (basil, cilantro, chives, etc)
- 1 large carrot shredded
- 1. Bring water to a boil in a small saucepan. Add rice; reduce heat to low, cover and cook for 5 minutes. Remove from the heat.
- 2. Meanwhile, heat oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Add turkey and ginger; cook, crumbling with a wooden spoon, until the turkey is cooked through, about 6 minutes. Stir in the cooked rice, bell pepper, water chestnuts, broth, hoisin sauce, five-spice powder, and salt; cook until heated through, about 1 minute.
- 3. To serve, divide lettuce leaves among plates, spoon some of the turkey mixture into each leaf, top with herbs and carrot and roll into wraps.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by marybillingsley and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Five-Spice Turkey and Lettuce Wraps from Eating Well Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes
More Recipes for Main Dishes