- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced green onions
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons rice wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon bottled ground fresh ginger (such as Spice World)
- 1/2 teaspoon five-spice powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 4 (6-ounce) tilapia fillets
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- calories 217
- caloriesfromfat 27 %
- fat 6.6 g
- satfat 1.8 g
- monofat 1.9 g
- polyfat 2.3 g
- protein 37 g
- carbohydrate 3.1 g
- fiber 0.2 g
- cholesterol 125 mg
- iron 1 mg
- sodium 332 mg
- calcium 8 mg
How to Make It
Combine green onions, juices, soy sauce, brown sugar, vinegar, and ginger in a small bowl.
Combine five-spice powder, salt, and pepper. Sprinkle both sides of fish evenly with spice mixture.
Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add fish to pan; cook 2 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork or until desired degree of doneness. Remove from skillet, and serve with sauce.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.