Five Spice Red Pepper Soup
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 1/4 pound(s) red bell pepper (2 large)
- 1 teaspoon(s) olive oil
- 1 cup(s) chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon(s) Chinese Five-spice powder
- 2 clove(s) garlic minced
- 1/2 cup(s) tomato paste
- 1/4 cup(s) water
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/8 teaspoon(s) peper
- 2 - 10.5 ounce(s) cans low sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 c. +1T cup(s) nonfat sour cream alternative
- Cut bell peppers in half lengthwise; discard seeds and membranes. Place peppers, skin side up, on a baking sheet; flatten with palm of hand. Broil peppers 3 inches from heat 10 minutes or until blackened and charred. Place peppers in ice water, and chill 5 minutes. Drain peppers; peel and discard skins. Set peppers aside.
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add onion, five-spice powder, and garlic; saute 5 minutes. Add peppers, tomato paste, and next 4 ingredients; stir well. Bring to a boil; cover, reduce heat, and simmer 10 minutes.
- Spoon mixture into container of an electric blender; cover and process until smooth (or use immersion blender in pot). Ladle into bowls; top with sour cream.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by latenitemom and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note