Five-Spice Pork Wraps
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- Perfect for a crowd, these pork wraps are seasoned with Chinese five spice, a classic blend that combines fragrant star anise and spicy Szechuan peppercorns with the sweetness of cinnamon, cloves and fennel seeds.
- 4 tsp. Chinese five spice
- 1 Tbs. kosher salt
- 3/4 tsp. freshly ground pepper
- 6 lb. boneless pork shoulder, cut into 10 large pieces
- 3 Tbs. vegetable oil
- 2 yellow onions, diced
- 1 1/2 tsp. finely grated fresh ginger
- 1 1/2 Tbs. minced garlic
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1/3 cup hoisin sauce, plus more for serving
- 2 Tbs. Sriracha chili sauce, plus more for serving
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- Butter lettuce leaves, steamed white rice, bean sprouts, thinly sliced green onions and cilantro leaves for serving
- Preheat an oven to 350°F.
- In a small bowl, combine the Chinese five spice, salt and pepper. Rub the mixture evenly on the pork.
- In a cocotte or Dutch oven over medium-high heat, warm 2 Tbs. of the oil. Working in batches, brown the pork on all sides, 6 to 8 minutes per batch. Transfer to a large bowl.
- Reduce the heat to medium and warm the remaining 1 Tbs. oil. Add the yellow onions and cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 5 minutes. Add the ginger and garlic and cook, stirring frequently, for 1 minute. Add the soy sauce, the 1/3 cup hoisin sauce, the 2 Tbs. chili sauce and the broth and bring to a simmer. Return the pork to the pot. Cover the pot, transfer to the oven and bake, turning the pork occasionally, until it is fork-tender, about 2 3/4 hours.
- Skim the fat off the sauce. Using tongs and a fork, pull the pork apart into large chunks. Serve with lettuce leaves, steamed rice, bean sprouts, green onions, cilantro, hoisin sauc
This recipe is a personal recipe added by batesballard22 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Five-Spice Pork Wraps Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes