Five-Spice Pork Chops with Grilled Plums
More From Real Simple
Amount per serving
- Calories: 289
- Calories from fat: 47%
- Fat: 15g
- Saturated fat: 4g
- Cholesterol: 58mg
- Sodium: 1,609mg
- Carbohydrate: 18g
- Fiber: 2g
- Sugars: 13g
- Protein: 23g
- 1/3 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/4 teaspoon five-spice powder
- Kosher salt and black pepper
- 4 bone-in pork chops, about 1 inch thick
- 2 plums, pitted and quartered
- 12 scallions, ends trimmed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Heat a grill or grill pan to medium-high. In a small bowl, combine the soy sauce, honey, five-spice powder, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper for the sauce.
Season the pork chops with 1 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Grill for 10 minutes, turning once. Using a brush, baste the chops with the sauce and grill until cooked through, about 2 minutes more.
Meanwhile, toss the plums and scallions in the oil. Grill the plums for 5 minutes, turning occasionally. Grill the scallions for 2 minutes. Divide the pork chops among individual plates and serve with the plums and scallions. Drizzle with the extra sauce.
Shortcut: Use boneless pork chops to halve the cooking time.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes