Five-Spice Noodle Bowls
Community Recipe from
- 2 teaspoon(s) grape seed oil
- 1 white onion thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoon(s) Chinese five-spice powder
- 5 ounce(s) bok choy chopped
- 7 ounce(s) rice vermicelli noodles soaked in hot water for 5 minutes
- 8 ounce(s) top sirloin beef trimmed of visible fat and very thinly sliced
- 4 green onions thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup(s) cilantro sprigs
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) sesame oil
- 2 teaspoon(s) low-sodium tamari soy sauce optional
- 1 teaspoon(s) sambal oelek or sriracha hot chile sauce optional
- In a large pot, heat grape seed oil on medium-high. Add white onion and cook, stirring frequently, until translucent, about 4 to 5 minutes. Add five-spice powder and cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add broth and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for 5 minutes. Add bok choy.
- Drain noodles well and discard water. Divide noodles evenly among 4 large bowls. Top each bowl with 2 oz. raw beef.
- To serve, ladle broth-bok choy mixture into each bowl over beef, dividing evenly. The heat of the broth will cook the beef to medium-well, about 30 seconds. Garnish each bowl with green onions, cilantro and a few drops of sesame oil. If desired, drizzle 1/2 tsp sauce sauce and 1/4 tsp hot chile sauce over top of each bowl. Serve immediately.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Ftoast and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes