Five-Spice Noodle Bowls
Community Recipe from
- 2 teaspoon(s) grape seed oil
- 1 white onion thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoon(s) Chinese five-spice powder
- 5 ounce(s) bok choy chopped
- 7 ounce(s) rice vermicelli noodles soaked in hot water for 5 minutes
- 8 ounce(s) top sirloin beef trimmed of visible fat and very thinly sliced
- 4 green onions thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup(s) cilantro sprigs
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) sesame oil
- 2 teaspoon(s) low-sodium tamari soy sauce optional
- 1 teaspoon(s) sambal oelek or sriracha hot chile sauce optional
- In a large pot, heat grape seed oil on medium-high. Add white onion and cook, stirring frequently, until translucent, about 4 to 5 minutes. Add five-spice powder and cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add broth and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for 5 minutes. Add bok choy.
- Drain noodles well and discard water. Divide noodles evenly among 4 large bowls. Top each bowl with 2 oz. raw beef.
- To serve, ladle broth-bok choy mixture into each bowl over beef, dividing evenly. The heat of the broth will cook the beef to medium-well, about 30 seconds. Garnish each bowl with green onions, cilantro and a few drops of sesame oil. If desired, drizzle 1/2 tsp sauce sauce and 1/4 tsp hot chile sauce over top of each bowl. Serve immediately.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Ftoast and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note