This was very easy with minimal prep. A nice variation to standard baked chicken
Five-Spice Grilled Chicken Thighs with Blackberry Glaze
Rev up simple grilled chicken thighs with aromatic Chinese five-spice powder—a blend of cinnamon, cloves, fennel seed, star anise, and Szechuan peppercorns. The glaze thickens as it cools; simply reheat it in the microwave for 10 seconds for the right consistency.
Prep: 7 minutes; Cook: 12 minutes
More From Oxmoor House
- Calories: 285
- Calories from fat: 41%
- Fat: 13g
- Saturated fat: 3.6g
- Monounsaturated fat: 4.9g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 2.9g
- Protein: 30.6g
- Carbohydrate: 17.3g
- Fiber: 0.0g
- Cholesterol: 112mg
- Iron: 2.7mg
- Sodium: 395mg
- Calcium: 32mg
- 1 tablespoon five-spice powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 8 (3-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken thighs
- Cooking spray
- 3/4 cup sugar-free seedless blackberry jam (such as Smucker's)
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon water
- 3/4 teaspoon grated peeled fresh ginger
- Fresh blackberries (optional)
- 1. Prepare grill.
- 2. Combine first 3 ingredients in a small bowl. Sprinkle spice mixture evenly over chicken. Place chicken on grill rack coated with cooking spray; cook chicken 6 minutes on each side or until done.
- 3. While chicken grills, combine jam and next 3 ingredients in a nonstick skillet. Simmer over medium-low heat 8 minutes or until glaze is reduced to 1/2 cup. Drizzle glaze evenly over chicken; garnish with blackberries, if desired. Serve immediately.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note