Five Spice Glazed Chicken
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1/4 cup(s) plum jam
- 2 tablespoon(s) light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoon(s) rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon(s) low sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon(s) chili garlic sauce
- 1 teaspoon(s) five-spice powder
- 4 bboneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 tablespoon(s) sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon(s) kosher salt
- Preheat grill to medium high heat.
- Combine jam, brown sugar, vinegar,soy sauce,chili garlic sauce, five-spice powder, and salt to taste in a small saucepan over medium heat. Bring glaze to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cook glaze 2-3 minutes, set aside.
- Combine chicken breasts, sesame oil, 1 tsp salt and lime juice in a resealable bag. Toss to coat chicken with marinade.
- Grill chicken covered over direct heat for 2 minutes. Rotate chicken breasts a quarter turn and grill 2 minutes more. Flip chicken and grill 2 minutes more then rotate and grill 2 minutes more. Reduce grill heat to medium low.
- Dip chicken breasts in glaze when meat registers 165 degrees, return to grill for 2 minutes. Flip chicken again, dip in glaze and grill 2 minutes more. Remove chicken from grill and place on shredded cabbage . Reheat remaining glaze and serve with chicken. Add a dollop of Plum Salsa (recipe below )on top.
- Plum Salsa
- 2 medium plums, diced
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 2 T minced fresh basil
- 1 T fresh lime juice
- Combine all ingredients and toss until all ingredients are coated. Serve immediately or refrigerate for 1 hour before.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by reedcheryla and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note