I loved this recipe! I used boneless, skinless chicken breasts because that is what I had in the freezer, but it was still great. My family loved it! This would also be good on a pork tenderloin, I think.
Five-Spice Chicken Breasts with Hoisin Glaze
Becky Luigart-Stayner; Jan Gautro
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 241
- Calories from fat: 18%
- Fat: 4.7g
- Saturated fat: 0.9g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1.5g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.6g
- Protein: 39.8g
- Carbohydrate: 7.4g
- Fiber: 0.3g
- Cholesterol: 99mg
- Iron: 1.8mg
- Sodium: 909mg
- Calcium: 35mg
- 3 1/2 cups water
- 1/3 cup kosher salt (such as Diamond Crystal)
- 3 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons five-spice powder
- 4 (6-ounce) boneless chicken breast halves
- 1 cup ice
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 2 teaspoons dark sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh ginger
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dark brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon five-spice powder
- Cooking spray
- Combine first 4 ingredients in a large bowl, stirring until salt and sugar dissolve. Stir in 2 tablespoons five-spice powder. Pour salt mixture into a large zip-top plastic bag. Rinse chicken with cold water. Add chicken and ice to bag; seal. Refrigerate 2 hours, turning bag occasionally. Remove chicken from bag; discard brine. Pat chicken dry with paper towels.
- Combine hoisin sauce and next 5 ingredients (hoisin sauce through 1/4 teaspoon five-spice powder).
- Prepare the grill for indirect grilling, heating one side to medium and leaving one side with no heat.
- Place chicken, skin side down, on grill rack coated with cooking spray over medium heat side. Close lid; grill chicken 8 minutes on each side, brushing occasionally with hoisin sauce mixture. Place chicken, skin side up, on unheated side; brush with hoisin sauce mixture. Grill an additional 5 minutes or until done. Discard skin; serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This