More From Oxmoor House
Other: 20 Minutes
Amount per serving
- Calories: 335
- Fat: 8.7g
- Saturated fat: 2.4g
- Protein: 29.5g
- Carbohydrate: 34.5g
- Cholesterol: 69mg
- Iron: 5.7mg
- Sodium: 752mg
- Calories from fat: 23%
- Fiber: 4.1g
- Calcium: 50mg
- 1 pound sirloin steak (1 inch thick), cut diagonally across grain into wafer-thin strips
- 1 tablespoon Chinese five-spice powder
- 1/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce, divided
- 1 cup fat-free, less-sodium beef broth
- 3/4 cup green bell pepper, seeded and chopped (about 1/2 small)
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper, seeded and chopped (about 1/2 small)
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup diced celery
- 1 (8-ounce) can sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1 (8.8-ounce) package precooked brown rice
- 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped cashews
- Place steak in a large zip-top plastic bag. Combine five-spice powder and 3 tablespoons soy sauce in a small bowl; pour over steak. Seal bag; chill at least 20 minutes.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet or wok over medium-high heat. Add steak and marinade to pan; stir-fry 4 minutes or until browned on all sides. Remove steak from pan; set aside, and keep warm.
- Add broth and next 5 ingredients to pan; cook over medium heat 7 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Return steak to pan; stir in remaining 1 tablespoon soy sauce, and cook until thoroughly heated.
- While vegetable mixture simmers, heat rice in microwave oven according to package directions.
- Spoon steak mixture over rice, and sprinkle with cashews.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes