This recipe is great!. I cooked the butter with the sugar and milk, stirring in the marshmallow,chips and nuts after the temperature was reached. Stirred by hand--not too laborious. We have used this method for years. It is not difficult to stir constantly. Ha!
Five Pounds of Chocolate Fudge
Photo: Will Dickey; Styling: Cari South
Purchase a candy thermometer in the utensils section of a grocery or discount store.
Yield: Makes 96 pieces
More From Southern Living
- 2 (12-ounce) packages semisweet chocolate morsels
- 1 cup butter or margarine
- 1 (7-ounce) jar marshmallow cream
- 4 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 (12-ounce) can evaporated milk
- Butter or margarine
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups chopped pecans, toasted
- 1. Combine first 3 ingredients in a large mixing bowl; set aside.
- 2. Combine sugar and evaporated milk in a buttered Dutch oven.
- 3. Cook sugar mixture over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture reaches soft ball stage or candy thermometer registers 234°; pour over chocolate mixture. Beat at high speed with an electric mixer or with a wooden spoon until mixture thickens and begins to lose its gloss. Stir in vanilla and chopped pecans.
- 4. Spread into a buttered 15- x 10-inch jellyroll pan. Cover and chill until firm. Cut into 1-inch squares. Store in an airtight container at room temperature.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts