- 2 (12-ounce) packages semisweet chocolate morsels
- 1 cup butter or margarine
- 1 (7-ounce) jar marshmallow cream
- 4 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 (12-ounce) can evaporated milk
- Butter or margarine
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups chopped pecans, toasted
How to Make It
Combine first 3 ingredients in a large mixing bowl; set aside.
Combine sugar and evaporated milk in a buttered Dutch oven.
Cook sugar mixture over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture reaches soft ball stage or candy thermometer registers 234°; pour over chocolate mixture. Beat at high speed with an electric mixer or with a wooden spoon until mixture thickens and begins to lose its gloss. Stir in vanilla and chopped pecans.
Spread into a buttered 15- x 10-inch jellyroll pan. Cover and chill until firm. Cut into 1-inch squares. Store in an airtight container at room temperature.