This popular party dip gets a face-lift with a few simple changes. Keep fat and calories to a minimum by swapping whole-kernel corn for the customary layer of ground beef.
More From Oxmoor House
- Calories: 162
- Fat: 5.6g
- Saturated fat: 2.4g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1.9g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.4g
- Protein: 6.8g
- Carbohydrate: 23.2g
- Fiber: 2.8g
- Cholesterol: 13mg
- Iron: 1.3mg
- Sodium: 331mg
- Calcium: 143mg
- 6 (8-inch) flour tortillas
- Cooking spray
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 (16-ounce) can organic refried beans (such as Amy's or Eden Organic)
- 1 cup organic bottled salsa (such as Muir Glen)
- 2/3 cup frozen whole-kernel corn, thawed
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 2 tablespoons chopped black olives
- 3 ounces preshredded 4-cheese Mexican blend cheese (about 3/4 cup)
- 3/4 cup (6 ounces) light sour cream
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°.
- 2. Cut each tortilla into 8 wedges, and arrange wedges in single layers on 2 baking sheets. Lightly spray wedges with cooking spray; sprinkle with paprika. Bake at 350° for 15 minutes or until lightly browned and crisp. Cool.
- 3. Combine juice, cumin, and beans in a medium bowl, stirring until well combined. Spread mixture evenly into an 11 x 7-inch glass or ceramic baking dish coated with cooking spray. Spread salsa evenly over beans. Combine corn, onions, and olives; spoon corn mixture evenly over salsa. Sprinkle cheese over corn mixture. Bake at 350° for 20 minutes or until bubbly. Let stand 10 minutes. Top with sour cream; sprinkle with cilantro. Serve with tortilla chips.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note