- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 jalapeño, seeded and chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup fresh or thawed frozen corn kernels
- 1/2 red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- Salt and pepper
- 1 15.5-oz. can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 ripe avocados, pitted, peeled and diced
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon minced canned chipotle pepper in adobo sauce
- 1 cup salsa
- 1/2 cup grated Cheddar
- 2 scallions, white part only, thinly sliced
- calories 254
- fat 17 g
- satfat 5 g
- protein 7 g
- carbohydrate 23 g
- fiber 8 g
- cholesterol 21 mg
- sodium 708 mg
How to Make It
Warm oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and jalapeño and cook, stirring often, until softened, 3 to 5 minutes. Add garlic; sauté 1 minute. Transfer half of mixture to a food processor.
Add corn and bell pepper to the skillet with remaining cooked onion mixture. Stir over medium-high heat until corn is slightly cooked and warmed through, about 3 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
Add beans to processor; pulse to blend. Add half of lemon juice and 2 Tbsp. warm water. Process until smooth. Season with salt and pepper. Spread over bottom of a deep-dish pie plate. Spread corn mixture on top of bean mixture.
Mash avocado with remaining lemon juice and cilantro. Season with salt and pepper. Spread over corn mixture. Mix sour cream, yogurt and chipotle in a small bowl and spread over avocado layer. Spread salsa over sour cream mixture; top with cheese and scallions. Serve at room temperature.