Five-Cheese Spinach Calzones
More From Oxmoor House
Amount per serving
- Calories: 294
- Calories from fat: 0.0%
- Fat: 9g
- Saturated fat: 5g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.4g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.1g
- Protein: 16.1g
- Carbohydrate: 38.6g
- Fiber: 1.5g
- Cholesterol: 23mg
- Iron: 2.8mg
- Sodium: 908mg
- Calcium: 216mg
- 3/4 cup 1% low-fat cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup light sour cream
- 1/4 cup (2 ounces) 1/3-less-fat cream cheese
- 3 tablespoons grated fresh Parmesan cheese
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed, drained, and squeezed dry
- 1 (12-ounce) bottle roasted red bell peppers, drained and chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 (13.8-ounce) can refrigerated pizza crust dough
- Cooking spray
- 1/4 cup (1 ounce) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup (1 ounce) shredded reduced-fat sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 1/2 cups bottled tomato-basil pasta sauce (optional)
- 1. Preheat oven to 425°.
- 2. Combine first 4 ingredients; beat with a mixer at medium speed 1 minute or until well blended. Stir in spinach and next 3 ingredients.
- 3. Unroll pizza dough onto a baking sheet coated with cooking spray; pat into a 14 x 10inch rectangle. Spread spinach mixture over half of crust, leaving a 1-inch border. Sprinkle mozzarella and cheddar cheeses over spinach mixture. Fold dough over filling; press edges together to seal.
- 4. Bake at 425° for 17 minutes or until browned. Cool on a wire rack 5 minutes. Heat pasta sauce in a small saucepan over medium heat. Cut calzone into 6 portions, and serve with pasta sauce, if desired.
- let your toddler help by: Patting the dough into a rectangle. Sprinkling the mozzarella and cheddar cheeses over the spinach mixture.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes