Make the most of mahi mahi's great flavor by pairing it with a fruit salsa made from olive oil, mango, mango nectar, onion, cilantro, and lemon peel. See our full collection of fish recipes for more meal ideas.
Sunset JULY 1997
1. Mix soy sauce, 2 tablespoons lemon juice, and half the garlic.
2. Cut fish into 6 or 8 equal pieces, then rinse and pat dry. Rub soy mixture all over fish. If making ahead, cover and chill up to 30 minutes.
3. In an 8- to 10-inch frying pan over high heat, combine oil, onion, and remaining garlic. Stir until onion begins to get limp, about 2 minutes. Add mango nectar and 3 tablespoons lemon juice; stir until boiling.
4. Remove onion mixture from heat. Stir in mango, cilantro, and lemon peel. Use hot or cool.
5. Arrange fish pieces, side by side, in a wire grilling basket. Close basket and lay it on a barbecue grill over a solid bed of hot coals or high heat on a gas grill (you can hold your hand at grill level only 2 to 3 seconds). Close lid on a gas grill.
6. Cook fish, turning once, until it is barely opaque and still moist-looking in thickest part (cut to test), 8 to 10 minutes total.
7. Serve with salsa and lemon juice.
Go to full version of