- Cooking spray
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped whole lemon
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, divided
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon saffron threads, crushed
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Hungarian sweet paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 12 pitted green olives, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/2 pounds mahimahi
- 2 cups thinly sliced onion (about 1)
- 4 cups coarsely chopped seeded tomato (about 2 pounds)
- Cilantro leaves (optional)
- calories 290
- caloriesfromfat 28 %
- fat 9 g
- satfat 1.3 g
- monofat 4.8 g
- polyfat 1.9 g
- protein 37.7 g
- carbohydrate 14 g
- fiber 3.1 g
- cholesterol 54 mg
- iron 2.5 mg
- sodium 794 mg
- calcium 124 mg
How to Make It
Heat a small nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add lemon, 1 tablespoon water, 1/2 teaspoon oil, and sugar; cook 3 minutes or until water evaporates and mixture just begins to brown, stirring frequently. Set aside.
Place remaining 2 1/2 teaspoons oil in a small microwave-safe bowl, and microwave at high for 10 seconds at a time just until oil is heated. Stir in saffron; let stand 10 minutes.
Combine lemon mixture, saffron mixture, chopped parsley, and next 7 ingredients (through garlic) in a large zip-top plastic bag. Add fish to bag, and seal. Marinate in refrigerator 30 minutes, turning occasionally.
Preheat oven to 400°.
Layer 1 cup onion slices and 2 cups tomato on the bottom of a 13 x 9-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray. Remove fish from bag, reserving marinade. Top tomato with fish; pour remaining marinade from bag over fish. Cover with remaining 2 cups tomato and remaining 1 cup onion. Cover with foil. Bake at 400° for 40 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork or until desired degree of doneness. Remove from oven.
Transfer fish and vegetables to a serving platter. Drizzle remaining liquid over fish. Garnish with cilantro leaves, if desired. Serve immediately.