This was a delicious dish. I couldn't find green tomato, so I used a plum tomato. It was very tasty; the fish was seasoned perfectly and the mango salsa was superb. I will definitely make this again!
Fish Tacos with Mango Salsa Verde
Photo: Becky Luigart-Stayner; Styling: Cindy Barr
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 488
- Fat: 9.2g
- Saturated fat: 3.4g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3.5g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.6g
- Protein: 43.4g
- Carbohydrate: 55g
- Fiber: 6.1g
- Cholesterol: 85mg
- Iron: 3.7mg
- Sodium: 609mg
- Calcium: 45mg
- 1/2 cup chopped peeled mango
- 1/2 cup chopped green tomato
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped red onion
- 4 teaspoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 (6-ounce) tilapia fillets
- Cooking spray
- 1/2 teaspoon Old Bay seasoning
- 4 (8-inch) whole-wheat flour tortillas
- 1 cup mixed salad greens
- 1. To prepare salsa, combine the first 7 ingredients in a small bowl; toss well.
- 2. To prepare tacos, preheat broiler.
- 3. Place fish on a broiler pan coated with cooking spray; sprinkle fish evenly with seasoning. Broil 6 minutes or until desired degree of doneness.
- 4. Heat a medium nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Lightly coat tortillas with cooking spray. Add the tortillas to pan, 1 at a time; cook 1 minute on each side or until lightly toasted. Divide fish evenly among tortillas; top each taco with 1/4 cup greens and 1/4 cup salsa. Serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes