I seem to disagree with most of the reviewers, I really did not like this. The seasoning on the fish was not good, and the crema tasted awful. It tasted so strongly of mayonnaise; I nearly vomited while eating it and again when I tried to dump the crema down the sink to get rid of it. My boyfriend had a higher opinion of the fish, but was not a fan of the crema, either.
Fish Tacos with Lime-Cilantro Crema
Cumin, coriander, and paprika lend these fish tacos a delightfully warm, smoky flavor. They're the perfect foundation for the zippy sour cream sauce. For an appealing variation, substitute peeled medium shrimp for the snapper or romaine in place of cabbage.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 394
- Calories from fat: 14%
- Fat: 6.3g
- Saturated fat: 1.5g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1.5g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.5g
- Protein: 40.3g
- Carbohydrate: 40.1g
- Fiber: 5.5g
- Cholesterol: 70mg
- Iron: 3.5mg
- Sodium: 857mg
- Calcium: 233mg
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 3 tablespoons fat-free mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 teaspoon grated lime rind
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 1/2 pounds red snapper fillets
- Cooking spray
- 8 (6-inch) corn tortillas
- 2 cups shredded cabbage
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- To prepare crema, combine the first 8 ingredients in a small bowl; set aside.
- To prepare tacos, combine cumin and next 5 ingredients (through garlic powder) in a small bowl; sprinkle spice mixture evenly over both sides of fish. Place fish on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Bake at 425° for 9 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork or until desired degree of doneness. Place fish in a bowl; break into pieces with a fork. Heat tortillas according to package directions. Divide fish evenly among tortillas; top each with 1/4 cup cabbage and 1 tablespoon crema.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note