Love this dish!! I was lucky enough to have fresh red snapper that we caught on a recent fishing trip. The lime-cilantro crema really makes the dish. My only change was a light mayo versus fat-free. So easy to make!! My teenage daughter made a face at the words "fish taco" but asked for seconds! I plan to try this with fresh shrimp soon. Definitely a repeat recipe!!
Fish Tacos with Lime-Cilantro Crema
Cumin, coriander, and paprika lend these fish tacos a delightfully warm, smoky flavor. They're the perfect foundation for the zippy sour cream sauce. For an appealing variation, substitute peeled medium shrimp for the snapper or romaine in place of cabbage.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 394
- Calories from fat: 14%
- Fat: 6.3g
- Saturated fat: 1.5g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1.5g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.5g
- Protein: 40.3g
- Carbohydrate: 40.1g
- Fiber: 5.5g
- Cholesterol: 70mg
- Iron: 3.5mg
- Sodium: 857mg
- Calcium: 233mg
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 3 tablespoons fat-free mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 teaspoon grated lime rind
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 1/2 pounds red snapper fillets
- Cooking spray
- 8 (6-inch) corn tortillas
- 2 cups shredded cabbage
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- To prepare crema, combine the first 8 ingredients in a small bowl; set aside.
- To prepare tacos, combine cumin and next 5 ingredients (through garlic powder) in a small bowl; sprinkle spice mixture evenly over both sides of fish. Place fish on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Bake at 425° for 9 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork or until desired degree of doneness. Place fish in a bowl; break into pieces with a fork. Heat tortillas according to package directions. Divide fish evenly among tortillas; top each with 1/4 cup cabbage and 1 tablespoon crema.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note