Fish Tacos with Fresh Salsa
Community Recipe from
- 1 whole(s) large tomatillo, husked, rinsed and chopped
- 1 whole(s) med. tomato, chopped
- 1/2 whole(s) small red onion, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoon(s) chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoon(s) fresh lime juice, plus lime wedges for serving
- 1 1/4 pound(s) catfish fillets, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup(s) instant flour(wondra) or cornstarch
- 8 whole(s) corn tortillas, warmed
- 1 cup(s) shredded iceburg lettuce
- 1/2 whole(s) jalapeno peppers, minced ,remove seeds for less heat
- 1. Make the salsa: Mix the tomatillo, tomato, onion, cilantro, lime juice and jalapeno in a bowl and season with salt.
- 2. Heat 1/2 inch veg. oil in a deep skillet or pot over med-hi heat. Season the fish with 1/2 tsp. salt and 1/4 tsp. pepper, then toss with the flour in a bowl. Fry the fish in 2 batches, turning as needed, until golden brown and just cooked through, 3 to 4 min. per batch. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate to drain; season with salt.
- 3. Fill the tortillas with the fish, lettuce and salsa. Serve the tacos with lime wedges.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by jeanna77 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Fish Tacos with Fresh Salsa Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes
More Recipes for Main Dishes