Cutting the fish into chunks before dredging and baking creates four sides of crispy breading and a tasty taco.
More From Oxmoor House
- Calories: 371
- Fat: 10.3g
- Saturated fat: 2.7g
- Protein: 28.6g
- Carbohydrate: 42.9g
- Cholesterol: 54mg
- Iron: 2.0mg
- Sodium: 884mg
- Calories from fat: 25%
- Fiber: 3.8g
- Calcium: 148mg
- 2 ounces baked tortilla chips (about 40 chips)
- 1/2 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup low-fat buttermilk
- 4 teaspoons 40%-less-salt taco seasoning, divided
- 1 pound grouper fillet, cut into 36 (1-inch) chunks
- Cooking spray
- 1/3 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1/3 cup light mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 2 (6-inch) corn tortillas
- 1 (10-ounce) package angel hair slaw
- 1 1/4 cups thinly sliced red bell pepper strips
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions (about 3 onions)
- 1/4 cup cilantro leaves
- 6 lime wedges
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Place tortilla chips in a food processor; pulse 5 to 6 times to form coarse crumbs to measure 3/4 cup. Place crumbs in a shallow dish, and stir in breadcrumbs, black pepper, and salt.
- Combine buttermilk and 2 teaspoons taco seasoning in a shallow bowl. Dip fish chunks, 1 at a time, into buttermilk mixture; dredge in crumb mixture. Place fish chunks on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Lightly coat fish with cooking spray. Bake at 425° for 15 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork.
- While fish cooks, combine remaining 2 teaspoons taco seasoning, sour cream, mayonnaise, and lime juice in a bowl; stir well.
- Heat tortillas according to package directions. Top each tortilla with 3 fish chunks and 1/4 cup slaw. Divide bell pepper, green onions, and cilantro evenly among tacos, and drizzle evenly with sour cream mixture. Serve immediately with lime wedges.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note