More From Health
- Calories: 449
- Fat: 12g
- Saturated fat: 2g
- Monounsaturated fat: 6g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 2g
- Protein: 26g
- Carbohydrate: 63g
- Fiber: 7g
- Cholesterol: 57mg
- Iron: 1mg
- Sodium: 143mg
- Calcium: 40mg
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon chili powder, divided
- 1/2 sliced small red onion
- 3 thinly sliced radishes
- 1 pound tilapia fillets
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 peeled firm ripe mango, cut into 1/4-inch-thick matchsticks
- 1 sliced peeled firm ripe avocado
- 4 tablespoons fresh cilantro leaves, divided
- Canola oil (for brushing grill)
- 8 (6-inch) blue or yellow corn tortillas
- Salsa verde (optional)
- 1. Combine the red wine vinegar, sugar, and 1/4 teaspoon chili powder in a small saucepan; bring to a boil. Remove the pan from heat, and stir in the red onion and radishes. Let stand, uncovered, 10 minutes or until cooled.
- 2. Rinse fish; pat dry. Gently toss with 1/4 cup lime juice, 1/2 teaspoon chili powder, and the garlic in shallow glass dish. Marinate for 10 minutes at room temperature.
- 3. Gently toss mango and avocado in small bowl with remaining 1/4 teaspoon chili powder and 2 tablespoons each cilantro and remaining lime juice.
- 4. Preheat a lightly oiled grill rack or grill pan. Remove fish from marinade, and grill, turning once, 2–3 minutes per side or until cooked through and golden brown. Transfer to a plate; cover and keep warm. Grill tortillas lightly until pale golden and slightly crisp. Transfer to 4 serving plates, folding tortillas to form U-shape.
- 5. Fill tortillas with fish, pickled vegetables, avocado mixture, remaining 2 tablespoons cilantro, and salsa verde, if desired; serve.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note