Simple, fun, and delicious! Even my picky 7 yr old son loved them.
Fish Stick Tacos
More From Cooking Light
Total: 35 Minutes
- Calories: 374
- Fat: 16.6g
- Saturated fat: 2.3g
- Monounsaturated fat: 7.4g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 4.1g
- Protein: 12.5g
- Carbohydrate: 46.3g
- Fiber: 6.8g
- Cholesterol: 28mg
- Iron: 1.1mg
- Sodium: 470mg
- Calcium: 90mg
- 3 tablespoons light sour cream, divided
- 2 tablespoons canola mayonnaise (such as Hellmann's)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice, divided
- 1 tablespoon chopped chipotle chile, canned in adobo sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lime rind
- 3/8 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 cups packaged cabbage-and-carrot coleslaw
- 2 tablespoons 1% low-fat milk
- 1/2 ripe peeled avocado, diced (about 1/2 cup)
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 16 sustainable frozen fish sticks (such as Ian's; about 8 ounces)
- Cooking spray
- 8 (6-inch) corn tortillas
- 8 lime wedges
- 1. Preheat oven to 425°.
- 2. Combine 1 tablespoon sour cream, mayonnaise, 1 tablespoon lime juice, chipotle, sugar, vinegar, rind, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and pepper in a medium bowl, stirring with a whisk. Add coleslaw; toss to coat.
- 3. Combine remaining 2 tablespoons sour cream, remaining 1 tablespoon lime juice, remaining 1/8 teaspoon salt, milk, avocado, and garlic in a mini food processor; process until smooth.
- 4. Arrange frozen fish sticks in a single layer on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Bake at 425° for 27 minutes or until browned and crisp, turning once.
- 5. Heat tortillas according to package directions. Top each tortilla with about 1 tablespoon avocado mixture, 2 fish sticks, and 1/3 cup slaw mixture. Serve with lime wedges.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note