This makes a great easy meal! The coleslaw is delicious and we used peach salsa to give it some sweetness. Added black beans to the tacos. Would be good with grilled fish, too.
Fish Stick Tacos
Photo: Ryan Benyi; Styling: Stephana Bottom
Yield: Serves 4
Cost per Serving: $1.76
More From Allyou
Amount per serving
- Calories: 390
- Fat: 17g
- Saturated fat: 3g
- Protein: 13g
- Carbohydrate: 49g
- Fiber: 8g
- Cholesterol: 30mg
- Sodium: 1301mg
- 8 6-inch corn tortillas
- 1 11-oz. box frozen breaded fish sticks
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1/4 teaspoon chipotle chili (canned in adobo sauce), seeded and chopped
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 5 cups coleslaw mix (cabbage and carrots)
- 1 cup tomato salsa
- 1. Preheat oven to 475ºF. Line a baking sheet with foil. Stack tortillas in a microwave-safe dish. Lightly dampen a clean kitchen towel; wring out any excess water. Cover tortillas with towel and microwave at 50 percent until warmed, 2 to 3 minutes. Keep covered until ready to use.
- 2. Arrange fish sticks on baking sheet and sprinkle with chili powder. Bake until fish sticks are crispy, 11 to 13 minutes.
- 3. While fish sticks are baking, stir together mayonnaise, chipotle, lime juice and coleslaw mix in a medium bowl. Season with salt.
- 4. Place a tortilla on a work surface and top with a bit of slaw mixture. Add 2 fish sticks and top with a spoonful of salsa. Fold up taco. Repeat with remaining tortillas, slaw mixture, fish sticks and salsa. Serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes