Very tasty, different way to have fish sandwiches. I used baked tilapia that I sprinkled with a little lemon pepper. Really enjoyed the basil mayo, which I mixed up myself (cheaper than store bought). All around this is a recipe I will make again trying a few variations each time.
Use steamed, poached, or baked fish in this sandwich. It's a great way to use leftover grilled fish too. Any firm white fish, such as tilapia, snapper, or grouper, works well
More From Southern Living
- 2 pounds firm white fish, cooked
- 1/4 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup Basil Mayonnaise
- 4 French bread rolls, split
- 4 romaine lettuce leaves
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1. Flake fish in a medium bowl. Add 1/4 tsp. lemon rind, 1/4 cup lemon juice, 2 Tbsp. olive oil, 1/4 tsp. salt, and 1/4 tsp. pepper, tossing gently to coat.
- 2. Spread Basil Mayonnaise evenly on cut sides of rolls. Place lettuce and fish on bottom halves of rolls; top with onion, and cover with roll tops.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note