Fish-Camp Buerre Blanc
This recipe goes with Schoolkid's Flounder with Fish-Camp Buerre Blanc
Yield: about 1 cup
- 1 large lemon
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons minced shallots
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon heavy cream
- 1/2 cup cold, unsalted butter, cut into 8 pieces
- 2 tablespoons minced cornichons*
- 1 tablespoon chopped capers
- 1 tablespoon chopped Italian parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh tarragon
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 dashes hot sauce
- Grate lemon rind to equal 2 teaspoons. Set aside.
- Combine white wine and next 3 ingredients in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil; reduce heat, and simmer, uncovered, 20 minutes or until liquid is almost evaporated. Add broth; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer, uncovered, 20 minutes or until liquid is reduced to 14 cup.
- Stir in cream. Place over medium-low heat. Gradually whisk in butter, 1 piece at a time, stirring until each piece melts before adding another.
- Remove from heat, and stir in lemon rind and remaining ingredients.
- *We tested with Vlasic Snack 'MMs Kosher Dills.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note