- 1 1/2 pounds cod or other white fish
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine, melted
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh parsley
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 3/4 cup crushed cornflakes cereal
- Vegetable oil
- Red Leaf lettuce leaves, tomato slices, and red onion slices
- Jalapeño Tartar Sauce
- 6 sandwich buns, split
- Place fish in lightly greased 13- x 9-inch baking dish; cover with aluminum foil.
- Bake at 400° for 20 minutes or until fish flakes with a fork. Drain; cool and flake. Combine egg through red pepper in a large bowl. Stir in flaked fish. Shape into 6 patties; coat with crushed cereal. Place on paper towels; refrigerate 1 hour.
- Pour oil to a depth of 1/2 inch in a large heavy skillet. Fry patties in hot oil over medium heat about 2 minutes on each side or until golden. Drain on paper towels. Serve in buns with lettuce, tomato, onion, and Jalapeno Tartar Sauce.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Sandwiches