- 1 1/2 pounds cod or other white fish
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine, melted
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh parsley
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 3/4 cup crushed cornflakes cereal
- Vegetable oil
- Red Leaf lettuce leaves, tomato slices, and red onion slices
- Jalapeño Tartar Sauce
- 6 sandwich buns, split
How to Make It
Place fish in lightly greased 13- x 9-inch baking dish; cover with aluminum foil.
Bake at 400° for 20 minutes or until fish flakes with a fork. Drain; cool and flake. Combine egg through red pepper in a large bowl. Stir in flaked fish. Shape into 6 patties; coat with crushed cereal. Place on paper towels; refrigerate 1 hour.
Pour oil to a depth of 1/2 inch in a large heavy skillet. Fry patties in hot oil over medium heat about 2 minutes on each side or until golden. Drain on paper towels. Serve in buns with lettuce, tomato, onion, and Jalapeno Tartar Sauce.