This was great. Left out the jalepeno.
Firecracker Vegetable Roast
Indian flavors meld with Italian herbs to season vegetables. Unless you prefer milder food, leave the seeds in the jalapeño so the dish befits its name.
Yield: 6 servings (serving size: 1 1/3 cups vegetable mixture and 1 cup rice)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 343
- Calories from fat: 17%
- Fat: 6.4g
- Saturated fat: 0.8g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3.9g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.3g
- Protein: 9.1g
- Carbohydrate: 63.2g
- Fiber: 6.5g
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- Iron: 4mg
- Sodium: 430mg
- Calcium: 92mg
- 1 cup loosely packed fresh basil leaves
- 1/4 cup loosely packed fresh mint leaves
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 garlic cloves, halved
- 1 jalapeno pepper, halved
- 2 cups cauliflower florets
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 1/2 cups thinly sliced fennel bulb (about 1 small bulb)
- 1 cup red bell pepper strips
- 1 cup yellow bell pepper strips
- 1 cup thinly sliced red onion
- Cooking spray
- 1 medium tomato, cut into 12 wedges
- 1 (15 1/2-ounce) can chickpeas (garbanzo beans), rinsed and drained
- 6 cups hot cooked basmati rice
- Preheat oven to 450°.
- Place first 9 ingredients in a food processor; process until smooth.
- Combine basil mixture, cauliflower, and next 5 ingredients (cauliflower through onion), tossing well to coat. Arrange vegetable mixture on a jelly roll pan coated with cooking spray.
- Bake at 450° for 15 minutes or until lightly browned. Add tomato and chickpeas; bake an additional 5 minutes. Serve over rice.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note