My husband caught two big Cohos yesterday out in the Sound yesterday, and we used this marinade; the fish was phenomenal. Super easy and delicious. Now our number 1 way to cook salmon! Paired it with the Asian Summer Salad, and the meal was fantastic.
Firecracker Grilled Salmon
Photo: Hector Sanchez; Stylist: Buffy Hargett
- 6 (6-oz.) salmon fillets
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped garlic
- 2 teaspoons dried crushed red pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon table salt
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- Place salmon fillets in a large zip-top plastic freezer bag. Whisk together vegetable oil, soy sauce, balsamic vinegar, honey, garlic, dried crushed red pepper, ground ginger, sesame oil, table salt, and onion powder. Pour over salmon, reserving 1/4 cup mixture. Seal and chill 30 minutes. Preheat grill to 400° (high) heat. Remove salmon from marinade; discard marinade. Grill salmon, without grill lid, 4 to 5 minutes or until fish is cooked through and flakes with a fork, turning occasionally and basting with reserved marinade. Remove and discard skin.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note