- 6 large tomatoes, peeled and sliced
- 2 large Spanish onions, sliced and separated into rings
- 1 green pepper, seeded and cut into strips
- 1 1/2 cups cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon celery seeds
- 1 tablespoon mustard seeds
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- Leaf lettuce
How to Make It
Arrange tomatoes, onions, and green peppers in a 13- x 9- x 2-inch baking dish.
Combine vinegar, water, sugar, celery seeds, mustard seeds, salt, and pepper in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil, and boil 1 minute. Pour over vegetables in dish. Cover and chill overnight.
To serve, arrange marinated vegetables attractively around Roasted Turkey on serving platter.