Fiore With Broccoli Rabe, Chicken, and Pecorino Cheese
Fiore pasta, savory chicken, broccoli and a generous topping of Pecorinio cheese make for a healthy and hearty quick and easy meal for dinner tonight.
More From Health
- Calories: 421
- Fat: 11g
- Saturated fat: 3g
- Monounsaturated fat: 6g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1g
- Protein: 26g
- Carbohydrate: 53g
- Fiber: 3g
- Cholesterol: 38mg
- Iron: 4mg
- Sodium: 418mg
- Calcium: 151mg
- 1 pound broccoli rabe, cut into 2-inch pieces (about 4 cups)
- 8 ounces uncooked fiori or fusilli pasta
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 leek, rinsed and sliced into half moons
- 8 ounces chicken cutlets, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 1 cup low-sodium chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/3 cup freshly grated pecorino Romano cheese
- 1 tablespoon freshly chopped marjoram
- 1. Bring a pot of water to a boil. Immerse broccoli rabe in water 1 minute or until bright green. Remove with slotted spoon; place in a towel to keep warm. Cover pot; bring water back to a boil.
- 2. Add pasta, and cook 12 minutes or until al dente. Meanwhile, heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat; add olive oil, garlic, and leek. Cook 2–3 minutes or until just golden brown. Season chicken with 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper. Raise heat to high, and add chicken. Cook 2–3 minutes or until well-browned. Add broccoli rabe, chicken stock, crushed red pepper, and remaining salt and pepper. Cook chicken and vegetables 6 minutes or until tender and liquid has reduced by half. Drain pasta; transfer to serving dish. Top pasta with sauce; add cheese and marjoram, and toss to combine.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note