- 1/2 Cup Butter
- 3 tsp Cardamom
- 4 Eggs
- 7 Cups Flour
- 2 Cups Milk or H&H
- 1 tsp Salt
- 3/4 Cup Sugar
- 1/4 Cup warm water
- 2 pkgs yeast (4 1/2 tsp 2 packets of yeast
- Soak yeast in warm water.
- Heat milk, sugar, salt and butter until scalded. Let cool.
- Beat eggs with cardamom.
- Mix yeast mixture, cooled milk mixture, egg mixture together.
- Add 3-4 cups of flour or until mixture gets too thick for electric mixer. Add remaining flour 1 cup at a time and knead. Knead until no longer sticky.
- Put dough into greased pot and spray with butter or canola oil. Cover in warm place with saran wrap loosely on top. Let rise until doubled in size.
- Prepare dough into shapes or cinnamon rolls. Put in greased pan and let rise again until doubled or size you want.
- Bake at 350 degrees. Bread will feel hollow when taped or check with a toothpick for doneness.
- Brush bread with water, sugar, butter mixture. (1 c water, 1/2 c. sugar and 1 T butter.) Boil lightly while bread is baking so it becomes a little syrupy. Use pastry brush to lightly coat the bread.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Rioux2009 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Finnish Pullaa Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Breads