I thought this was good, but thought the swiss chard overpowered the dish. It could have been that I didnt have smoked paprika so I used regular and a little chipotle seasoning.
Fingerling Potato-Leek Hash with Swiss Chard and Eggs
To trim Swiss chard for this main dish, pull or cut the stems out of the leaves.
More From Cooking Light
1 Hour, 3 Minutes
- Calories: 261
- Fat: 13.5g
- Saturated fat: 3.5g
- Monounsaturated fat: 7.6g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.8g
- Protein: 11.6g
- Carbohydrate: 23.6g
- Fiber: 3.2g
- Cholesterol: 188mg
- Iron: 3.4mg
- Sodium: 480mg
- Calcium: 156mg
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cups sliced leek (about 2 large)
- 12 ounces fingerling potatoes, cut in half lengthwise (about 4 cups)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/4 teaspoons Spanish smoked paprika, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper, divided
- 4 cups thinly sliced trimmed Swiss chard (about 1 bunch)
- 4 large eggs
- 1/4 cup (1 ounce) shredded Gruyère cheese
- 1. Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add oil to pan. Add leek; cook 8 minutes, stirring frequently. Add potatoes and garlic; cook 15 minutes or until potatoes are tender, stirring occasionally. Stir in 1 teaspoon paprika, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Add chard; cook 4 minutes, stirring constantly. Using a spoon, push potato mixture aside to make 4 egg-size spaces. Crack 1 egg into each space; sprinkle remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt, remaining 1/4 teaspoon pepper, and remaining 1/4 teaspoon paprika over eggs. Cover and cook 3 minutes; sprinkle cheese over potato mixture. Cover and cook 2 minutes or until egg yolks are lightly set.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes