- 7 sheets filo dough, thawed
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 7 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 cup very thinly sliced onion
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 8 Roma tomatoes, cut into 1/8-in.-thick slices
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
- Freshly ground black pepper
- calories 76
- caloriesfromfat 60 %
- protein 2.5 g
- fat 5.1 g
- satfat 2.9 g
- carbohydrate 5.2 g
- fiber 0.5 g
- sodium 88 mg
- cholesterol 14 mg
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 375°. Line a large cookie sheet with parchment paper and spray paper with cooking-oil spray (or brush lightly with vegetable oil). Lay 1 sheet filo on paper and brush lightly with a little melted butter. Sprinkle all over with 1 tbsp. parmesan. Repeat layering 5 more times (with filo, butter, and parmesan), pressing each sheet firmly so it sticks to sheet below. Lay the last filo sheet on top, brush with remaining melted butter, and sprinkle on remaining 1 tbsp. parmesan.
Scatter onion across filo, top with mozzarella, and arrange tomato slices in a single layer, overlapping slightly. Sprinkle with thyme and salt and pepper to taste.
Bake until filo is golden brown, 30 to 35 minutes. Cool 10 minutes, then serve.
Note: Nutritional analysis is per square.