Fillet of Beef with Red Pepper Butter
Photo: Charles Walton; Styling: Leslie Byars Simpson
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red bell pepper
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 2 (2 1/2-inch-thick) beef tenderloin fillets
- Combine first 4 ingredients, stirring well. Shape into 4 (2-inch) rounds on a wax paper-lined baking sheet; cover and refrigerate 1 hour or until firm.
- Place beef tenderloin fillets on a rack in a broiler pan.
- Broil 6 inches from heat (with electric oven door partially open) 6 minutes. Turn fillets over, and top each with a butter round.
- Broil 6 to 7 minutes or until a meat thermometer registers 145° (rare), 160° (medium), or to desired degree of doneness. Turn fillets over, and transfer to a serving platter; top with remaining butter rounds.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes