Filled Noodle Soup
- 2 pounds beef stew meat, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 quarts water
- 1 (16-ounce) can whole tomatoes, undrained and chopped
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 medium cabbage, shredded
- 6 carrots, scraped and sliced
- 5 stalks celery, sliced
- 1/2 cup uncooked regular rice
- 2 small red peppers (optional)
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Combine stew meat and water in a large stock pot; bring to a boil. Add tomatoes, diced onion, salt, and pepper. Reduce heat; cover and simmer 2 hours, stirring occasionally. Add cabbage, carrots, celery, rice, and red peppers, if desired; simmer, uncovered, 1 hour, stirring frequently.
- Cook ground beef in a skillet over medium heat until browned, stirring to crumble; remove meat with a slotted spoon, reserving drippings in skillet. Sauté chopped onion in drippings until tender; drain well. Combine cooked ground beef and sautéed onion in a small mixing bowl, stirring well; set aside.
- Place eggs in a medium mixing bowl; gradually add flour and baking powder, stirring until mixture forms a soft dough. Turn dough out onto a floured surface, and knead 2 minutes.
- Divide dough in half. Roll each half to 1/16-inch thickness on a lightly floured surface; cut each into a 16- x 12-inch rectangle. Cut each rectangle into twelve 4-inch squares. Let dough rest on floured surface at room temperature 30 minutes.
- Place a heaping tablespoon of ground beef mixture in center of each square. Moisten edges with water; fold squares in half. Press pastry edges firmly together with a fork.
- Gently stir filled noodles into soup; cover and simmer an additional 30 minutes. Ladle into individual soup bowls, and serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This