Filipino Chicken Adobo 1
- 8 Chicken Thighs (5-7 oz each)
- 1/3 cup(s) Soy Sauce
- 1 can(s) Coconut Milk 13 1/2 oz
- 3/4 cup(s) Cider Vinegar
- 8 clove(s) Garlic Peeled
- 4 Bay Leaves
- 2 teaspoon(s) pepper
- 1 scallion sliced thin
- 1. Toss Chicken with soy sauce in large bowl. Refrigerate for 30-60min
- 2. Remove Chicken from soy sauce allowing excess to drip back into bowl. Transfer
- chicken, skin side down, to a 12 in non-sticck skillet; set aside soy sauce.
- 3. Place skillet over med-high heat and cook until chicken skin is browned, 7- 10 min.
- While chicken is brorwning, whisk coconut milk, vinegar, garlic, bay leaves and
- pepper into soy sauce.
- 4. Transfer chicken to plate and discard fat in skillet. Return chicken to skillet skin
- side down, add coconut milk mix and bring to boil. Reduce heat to me-low to
- simmer, uncovered, for 20 min. Flip chicken skin side up and continue to cook
- uncovered, until chicken registers 175 degrees, about 15 minutes. Transfer chicken to platter and tent loosely with foil.
- 5. Remove bay leaves and skim any fat off surface of sauce. Return skillet to med- high heat and cook until sauce is thickened, 5-7 min. Pour sauce over chicken, sprinkle with scallion and serve.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by RaeRae33 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Filipino Chicken Adobo 1 Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes