Filet Mignon with Sherry-Mushroom Sauce
Asparagus and mashed potatoes are perfect accompaniments to this tender, juicy filet.
Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 1 steak, 1/2 cup mushrooms, about 1 1/2 tablespoons sauce,and 1 tablespoon blue cheese)
More From Oxmoor House
Amount per serving
- Calories: 254
- Fat: 12.8g
- Saturated fat: 4.6g
- Protein: 23.4g
- Carbohydrate: 10.3g
- Cholesterol: 64mg
- Iron: 4.6mg
- Sodium: 779mg
- Calories from fat: 45%
- Fiber: 1.6g
- Calcium: 90mg
- 1 cup dry sherry
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 (4-ounce) beef tenderloin steaks, trimmed (about 1 inch thick)
- Cooking spray
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 (8-ounce) package pre-sliced mushrooms
- 1/4 cup (1 ounce) crumbled blue cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Stir together first 5 ingredients in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Coat steaks with cooking spray. Cook steaks in a large nonstick skillet over medium- high heat 10 minutes or until desired degree of doneness. Remove steaks to a serving platter. Keep warm.
- Heat oil in same pan over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms; sauté 2 minutes. Stir in 1/4 cup sherry mixture. Cook, stirring constantly, 2 minutes or until liquid is reduced to about 2 tablespoons. Spoon mushrooms around steaks.
- Pour remaining sherry mixture into pan. Bring to a boil; cook 2 minutes or until mixture is reduced to about 6 tablespoons. Pour sherry mixture over steak and mushrooms; sprinkle with cheese and parsley. Serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes