Filet Mignon with Roquefort and Red Leaf
Prep: 10 minutes; Cook: 39 minutes.
Yield: Makes 8 servings (serving size: 3 ounces steak and about 2 cups salad)
More From Health
Amount per serving
- Calories: 441
- Fat: 27g
- Saturated fat: 6g
- Monounsaturated fat: 14g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 5g
- Protein: 23g
- Carbohydrate: 27g
- Fiber: 4g
- Cholesterol: 57mg
- Iron: 3mg
- Sodium: 390mg
- Calcium: 161mg
- 2 large Yukon Gold potatoes, diced
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 thyme sprigs
- 2 rosemary sprigs, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh garlic
- 1 teaspoon sliced shallot
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon canola oil, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt, divided
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped
- 4 (6-ounce) prime filet mignon steaks
- 2 heads red leaf lettuce, leaves separated
- 2 large tomatoes, quartered and sliced
- 1/4 pound Roquefort blue cheese, crumbled
- 1. Preheat oven to 375° and grill to high.
- 2. Toss first 4 ingredients (through rosemary sprigs); place on a baking sheet. Roast the potatoes for 25 minutes or until golden; set aside.
- 3. Combine vinegar and next 6 ingredients (through sugar) in a blender. Add 1/2 cup oil in a thin stream; blend. Add 1/8 teaspoon each salt and pepper; set aside.
- 4. While potatoes roast, heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil in a pan over medium heat. Sauté onion 10-12 minutes or until caramelized; set aside.
- 5. Season steaks with remaining salt and pepper. Reduce grill to medium-high; cook steaks for about 7 minutes per side or until desired degree of doneness. Remove from grill; let rest 3 minutes before slicing into 1-inch cubes.
- 6. Toss lettuce with tomato and blue cheese; add the potatoes and onion. Drizzle with dressing; toss. Top with steak; serve.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Salads