I have made this many a time. The peppercorn orange sauce is definitely delish. I have also found that if you have too much sauce you can freeze it in a tupperware container or a ziploc bag and use it another time.. it freezes just fine! Really dresses up the meat. fabulous!
Filet Mignon with Peppercorn-Orange Sauce
Photography: Becky Luigart-Stayner; Styling: Jan Gautro
Whirling this sauce together in the food processor is a breeze, and it can easily be done before the party.
Yield: 12 servings (serving size: 1 steak and about 1 tablespoon sauce)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 208
- Calories from fat: 39%
- Fat: 9.1g
- Saturated fat: 3.1g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3.6g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.4g
- Protein: 24.4g
- Carbohydrate: 5.7g
- Fiber: 0.5g
- Cholesterol: 71mg
- Iron: 3.3mg
- Sodium: 497mg
- Calcium: 18mg
- 2 teaspoons grated orange rind
- 1/4 cup fresh orange juice
- 1/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped green onions
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons drained brine-packed green peppercorns
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 2 teaspoons extravirgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds, toasted
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 12 (4-ounce) beef tenderloin steaks, trimmed (1 inch thick)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Cooking spray
- Cilantro sprigs
- Prepare grill.
- To prepare sauce, combine the first 7 ingredients in a small saucepan; bring to a boil. Cook until reduced to 1/3 cup (about 6 minutes). Cool.
- Place the onions, cilantro, peppercorns, garlic, and oil in a food processor; process until finely chopped. Add orange juice mixture, sesame seeds, and 1/2 teaspoon salt; pulse to combine. Set aside.
- To prepare steaks, sprinkle the beef with 1/2 teaspoon salt and black pepper. Place steaks on a grill rack coated with cooking spray; grill 3 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness. Serve steaks with sauce. Garnish with cilantro sprigs, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This