I make this for my husband on our anniversary! and he LOVES it! we make it with cilantro lime rice and sauted broccoli! To die for and I crave it!
Filet Mignon with Mushroom-Wine Sauce
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 250
- Calories from fat: 39%
- Fat: 10.7g
- Saturated fat: 3.6g
- Monounsaturated fat: 4.1g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.4g
- Protein: 28.5g
- Carbohydrate: 9.4g
- Fiber: 0.9g
- Cholesterol: 84mg
- Iron: 5.1mg
- Sodium: 712mg
- Calcium: 30mg
- 1 tablespoon butter or stick margarine, divided
- 1/3 cup finely chopped shallots
- 1/2 pound fresh shiitake mushrooms, stems removed
- 1 1/2 cups Cabernet Sauvignon or other dry red wine, divided
- 1 (10 1/2-ounce) can beef consommÃ©, undiluted and divided
- Cracked black pepper
- 4 (4-ounce) filet mignon steaks (about 1 inch thick)
- 1 tablespoon low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- Thyme sprigs (optional)
- Melt 1 1/2 teaspoons butter in a nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add shallots and mushrooms; sauté for 4 minutes. Add 1 cup wine and 3/4 cup consommé; cook for 5 minutes, stirring frequently. Remove the mushrooms with a slotted spoon; place in a bowl. Increase heat to high; cook wine mixture until reduced to 1/2 cup (about 5 minutes). Add to mushrooms in bowl; set aside. Wipe pan with a paper towel.
- Sprinkle pepper over steaks. Melt 1 1/2 teaspoons butter in pan over medium heat. Add steaks; cook 3 minutes on each side. Reduce heat to medium-low; cook 1 1/2 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness. Place on a platter; keep warm.
- Combine soy sauce and cornstarch. Add 1/2 cup wine and remaining consommé to skillet; scrape skillet to loosen browned bits. Bring to a boil; cook 1 minute. Add mushroom mixture, cornstarch mixture, and dried thyme; bring to a boil, and cook 1 minute, stirring constantly. Serve sauce with steaks. Garnish with thyme sprigs, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes