This was perfect and the ingredients were so simple. I had pre-rubbed my filets a few hours earlier and had them sitting in the frig ready to go when I came home to cook dinner. So fast and simple!
Filet Mignon with Fresh Herb and Garlic Rub
Filet mignon is extra delicious with a rub of herbs and garlic. Serve this quick-fix recipe with roasted red potato wedges and steamed broccoli florets.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 189
- Calories from fat: 42%
- Fat: 8.8g
- Saturated fat: 3.2g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3.2g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.3g
- Protein: 24.1g
- Carbohydrate: 0.8g
- Fiber: 0.2g
- Cholesterol: 71mg
- Iron: 3.1mg
- Sodium: 349mg
- Calcium: 9mg
- 2 teaspoons bottled minced garlic
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced fresh basil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced fresh thyme
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced fresh rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 (4-ounce) beef tenderloin steaks, trimmed (1 inch thick)
- Cooking spray
- 1. Combine first 6 ingredients in a small bowl; rub evenly over steaks.
- 2. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add steaks to the pan, and cook for 4 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness.
Place florets in a microwave-safe bowl with a little water. Cover with wax paper and microwave at HIGH three minutes or until crisp tender.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note