Hard to go wrong with steak, mushrooms & onions. We grilled a sirloin (on sale), then sliced thin to top the warm salad. Served with the recommended asiago-garlic toast. Nice change to the basics.
Filet Mignon with Arugula Salad
Arugula, a peppery salad green, makes a tasty bed for tender, simply seasoned pan-seared steak.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 191
- Calories from fat: 0.0%
- Fat: 8.9g
- Saturated fat: 3.8g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3.1g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.5g
- Protein: 20.5g
- Carbohydrate: 7g
- Fiber: 1.8g
- Cholesterol: 59mg
- Iron: 3.3mg
- Sodium: 349mg
- Calcium: 72mg
- Cooking spray
- 4 (4-ounce) beef tenderloin steaks, trimmed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, divided
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1/2 cup prechopped red onion
- 1 (8-ounce) package presliced cremini mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 (5-ounce) bag baby arugula
- 1. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Sprinkle beef with 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper. Add beef to pan; cook 4 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness. Remove beef from pan; keep warm.
- 2. Melt butter in pan; coat pan with cooking spray. Add remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt, remaining 1/8 teaspoon pepper, red onion, and mushrooms to pan; sauté 4 minutes or until mushrooms release their liquid. Combine juice and arugula in a large bowl. Add mushroom mixture to arugula mixture; toss gently to combine. Arrange 1 1/2 cups salad mixture on each of 4 plates; top each serving with 1 steak.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This