Notes: If making up to 1 day ahead, cover and chill.
Yield: Makes about 1 cup
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 54
- Calories from fat: 59%
- Protein: 0.6g
- Fat: 3.6g
- Saturated fat: 0.5g
- Carbohydrate: 5.2g
- Fiber: 0.5g
- Sodium: 185mg
- Cholesterol: 0.8mg
- 1/2 pound ripe black figs
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3/4 cup drained pitted calamata olives, coarsely chopped
- 6 canned anchovy fillets, drained
- 2 teaspoons drained capers
- 1 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1. Rinse the figs, trim off and discard stems, and coarsely chop fruit. In a 1- to 2-quart pan over medium-high heat, combine figs, sugar, and 1 tablespoon water. Stir occasionally until mixture is boiling gently and figs turn shiny and darker, 3 to 5 minutes.
- 2. In a food processor or a blender, whirl fig mixture, olives, anchovies, capers, tarragon, and olive oil until coarsely puréed, scraping container sides as necessary. Scrape mixture into a small bowl.
- Nutritional analysis per tablespoon.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Sauces/Condiments