- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 1 unbaked (9-inch) pastry shell
- 3 cups fresh figs, quartered
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 tablespoons evaporated milk
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
How to Make It
Combine flour and brown sugar in a medium mixing bowl; cut in butter using a pastry blender. Spoon half of mixture into pastry shell. Set remaining mixture aside. Arrange figs evenly over butter mixture.
Combine sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle evenly over figs. Combine egg, milk, and almond extract; beat well, and pour over figs. Top with remaining butter mixture.
Bake at 400° for 40 minutes. (Cover edges of pie with aluminum foil to prevent overbrowning, if necessary). Cool slightly.