- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Champagne vinegar
- 1 pint Kadota figs, halved
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of black pepper
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 11 egg yolks
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 pound ricotta cheese
- Combine honey, olive oil, and Champagne vinegar in a small bowl. Toss with halved figs, salt, and pepper. Place figs on a jelly-roll pan, and roast at 400° for 10 to 15 minutes or until almost tender. Reserve juices, and set aside.
- Combine sugar and water in a small saucepan, and place over medium-high heat. Heat the mixture to 240°; remove from heat.
- Beat egg yolks at high speed with an electric mixer until thick and bright yellow. Slowly pour hot sugar mixture into yolks, beating at high speed until well incorporated; cool to room temperature.
- Beat whipping cream at medium speed with an electric mixer until stiff peaks form; fold into egg yolk mixture. Fold in ricotta cheese. Chop half of figs, and fold into egg yolk mixture, reserving remaining figs for topping. Pour into a 13- x 9-inch dish, and freeze overnight.
- Let stand at room temperature about 15 minutes before serving. Scoop into serving dishes, and top with remaining figs and reserved roasting juices.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note