Fig-Raspberry Crisp with Lavender-Honey Sour Cream
You can bake the crisp up to 8 hours ahead, then let it cool; cover and let stand at room temperature. As a topping, thick and creamy Greek yogurt makes a nice alternative to sour cream.
Yield: Makes about 6 servings
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 730
- Calories from fat: 41%
- Protein: 7.6g
- Fat: 33g
- Saturated fat: 16g
- Carbohydrate: 111g
- Fiber: 8.9g
- Sodium: 202mg
- Cholesterol: 60mg
- 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 cups firmly packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 quarts very ripe figs (2 1/2 lb.), stems trimmed, rinsed, and cut in half lengthwise
- 1 cup red or black raspberries, rinsed
- 1/2 cup cream cheese (4 oz.), at room temperature
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup maple- or vanilla-flavored granola
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup sour cream or Greek yogurt (see notes)
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh lavender buds
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1. Preheat oven to 375° (convection oven not recommended). In a large bowl, mix 1/4 cup brown sugar and the cornstarch. Gently mix in the figs and raspberries. Taste and, if needed, stir in up to 4 more tablespoons brown sugar. Pour into a shallow 2-quart baking dish.
- 2. In another bowl, with a wooden spoon, mix 1 cup brown sugar, cream cheese, butter, and salt until well blended. Stir in granola and walnuts just to blend. Distribute topping over fig mixture, allowing some fruit to remain bare.
- 3. Bake until top is browned and juices are bubbling near center, 40 to 45 minutes. (If topping is brown before juices bubble, cover crisp lightly with foil.) Let cool on a rack at least 15 minutes.
- 4. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, mix sour cream, honey, lavender buds, and vanilla. Cover and chill.
- 5. Spoon warm or cool crisp into bowls and top each serving with a generous dollop of lavender-honey sour cream.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per serving.
- Wine pairing: Glasses of ruby Port perfectly complement this sweet fruit crisp.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Breakfast/Brunch