1. Preheat oven to 375° (convection oven not recommended). In a large bowl, mix 1/4 cup brown sugar and the cornstarch. Gently mix in the figs and raspberries. Taste and, if needed, stir in up to 4 more tablespoons brown sugar. Pour into a shallow 2-quart baking dish.
2. In another bowl, with a wooden spoon, mix 1 cup brown sugar, cream cheese, butter, and salt until well blended. Stir in granola and walnuts just to blend. Distribute topping over fig mixture, allowing some fruit to remain bare.
3. Bake until top is browned and juices are bubbling near center, 40 to 45 minutes. (If topping is brown before juices bubble, cover crisp lightly with foil.) Let cool on a rack at least 15 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, mix sour cream, honey, lavender buds, and vanilla. Cover and chill.
5. Spoon warm or cool crisp into bowls and top each serving with a generous dollop of lavender-honey sour cream.
Note: Nutritional analysis is per serving.
Wine pairing: Glasses of ruby Port perfectly complement this sweet fruit crisp.