- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup sherry
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup chopped stewed figs
- 2 cups stale breadcrumbs
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Hard Sauce
- Cream butter in a large mixing bowl; gradually add sugar, beating well. Add eggs; beat well. Add sherry and cinnamon; mix well. Stir in figs, breadcrumbs, and pecans.
- Spoon mixture into a well-greased 1-quart pudding mold, and cover tightly with lid.
- Place mold on a shallow rack in a large stock pot with enough boiling water to come halfway up mold. Cover pot; let simmer 3 hours, replenishing water as needed. Unmold and serve with Hard Sauce. Store leftover pudding in refrigerator; reheat before serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note